I figure I should post an update. If you continue to listen to us, then you are one of the most patient and loyal fanbases ever, and I thank you. While we put a lot into this podcast, it has always been a hobby for us. If we had to wait a week or couple of days to do a show we would be fine. Since this is a hobby to us, like painting or playing 40k.
When the store changed hands all of the details were not hammered out in exchange of the Geckos website. So when the payments dried up from Kelly’s end, the site got shut down. Charlie has used this as an opportunity to start fresh and begin with the website. However, he wants sole control of the website, mainly for security reasons. (And I completely understand)
Thus, in order to update the podcast I now have to burn the podcast and RSS document onto a cd, drive 30 minutes, and hand it over to charlie. I then have to wait for him to upload it. Also, if there is an error, I have to then fix it, without doing any testing, drive back to Charlie, and hope it works. I can’t tell you how inefficient that sounds, not to mention on my days off I might not even be able to get it to Charlie. So that is another week to wait on an upload.
So now we come to a crossroads. We will continue to do live shows every other friday, and I will continue to get them ready in mp3 format. Charlie and I are currently working on a compromise, but if that doesn’t pan out I am looking at a service provider. However, that means $20 a month out of my pocket, if not more. I’m just not sure I can afford that right now. So that’s what has been going on, and the dilemma we are facing. This podcast will go on, if not for all the technical speedbumps we continue to go through. As always, thank you for listening.